Are you an 11-14 year old looking for some fellowship, faith development and a go at some exciting outdoor activities?!
Then the SALT youth group could be for you!
SALT is a youth group for 11-14 year olds (KS3) that was started in October 2014 primarily for the North Blackwater Parish benefice children to develop their Christian faith through activities and relationships within their age group. Within the Parish, there was found a lack of opportunity for children within KS3 to continue Sunday school teachings and have a place outside of the church to grow and bond with other Christians. So the youth group was created to fill this need for the KS3 age group within the churches and local area.
Since the youth group was started we’ve been blessed with a full numbers and as the group has grown, we’ve found that we want to continue SALT with the original intention of the group being primarily for children involved in the local parish. The criteria for SALT membership are as follows:
- SALT Youth Group is primarily for 11-14 year olds (Key Stage 3) who are church members.
- These children have priority over those who do not attend church.
- If we have spaces (up to a max of 12) after church members are accommodated these will be offered to other local young people who have registered interest.
- The membership is confirmed each July for the following academic year.
- Those attending currently would have their place confirmed at the end of the summer term when we know the intake for September.
If you would like to place your child on the waiting list, then you are more than welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
What we do…
We meet on Wednesdays during term time, from 6-8pm at the FACT office in the Sail Lofts for outdoor activities ranging from high ropes sessions to movie nights with a time set aside to develop and support each other in the Christian faith! *Please note that the activities are subject to change in order to account for tides and weather*