We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Spring 2024.
Role: Operations Manager
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
Accepting Applications Now – closing date 5pm on Wednesday 13th March 2024
Operations Manager | Fellowship Afloat
“Growing people through adventure and community”
FACT is seeking an Operations Manager, to lead our programmes & activity provision, to be responsible for the day to day running of the centre; and has a desire to nurture the Christian witness and community life of the centre.
About the role:
Based on a converted lightvessel, our centre provides adventure and community through our outdoor activities and residential setting. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the centre, hosting our guests and leading & delivering our activity sessions. As they fulfil these specific functions, they will engage fully in the Christian witness and community life of the Centre, and nurture the community of faith and witness which is the core of the Trust’s activities.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a salary range of £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience; generous pension contribution and essential training & PPE are provided. See below for more of the benefits of joining our team. Weekend & evening working is on a rota basis.
Why join us?
- salary range of £30,000-£35,000 dependent on experience PLUS a ‘golden hello’
- generous employer’s pension contribution of 8%
- accommodation options available
- 28 days holiday, which increases with length of service and includes ten days at Christmas
- essential training and PPE are provided
- further NGB training available to complement the role
- work in a team with a common vision and shared values
- free access to our employee assistance program
- fully catered meals during working hours
- free access to some local leisure facilities
We are looking for someone with:
- the right to live and work in the UK
- a lively personal Christian faith, expressed intelligently and sensitively – it is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that post holder has a Christian faith
- a minimum of RYA Dinghy Instructor qualification
- a qualification / experience in youth work
- the desire and ability to get alongside people of all ages and backgrounds, whether guest, volunteer or colleague
- NGB awards in outdoor activities (kayaking, high ropes, archery, climbing etc.)
- an Enhanced DBS (or willing to undertake this safeguarding check)
Fellowship Afloat Charitable Trust (FACT) is a lively Christian community where the spirit of adventure and love of God are shared with all who visit our centre. We are based on a converted lightvessel, Trinity, and welcome nearly 2,000 young people each year, with most of those being for a residential experience. Those who visit take part in a wide variety of outdoor adventure activities such as sailing, high ropes, archery, kayaking and more.
Alongside our adventurous activities, we have a variety of educational resources which benefit and complement our school programmes. For youth groups we have a variety of spiritual programmes to assist their young people to explore, develop and grow their own personal Christian faith. The development of these resources is the responsibility of the Operations Manager and they will work with the wider team to deliver sessions in a creative way.
Underpinning all that we do is the great news of God’s love. FACT is more than just a residential outdoor activity centre. We are a Christian community that welcomes people just as they are; we seek to witness God’s love to all who visit; we invite everyone to encounter Jesus for their self and; we disciple and support one another as a staff team as we grow in our own personal faith.
Apply now for a late April / early May start.
For more information, or to apply: send your CV to Andrew Eastham via email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 13th March 2024.
Interested in becoming our Operations Manager? Click the button to email us your CV.