Every September FACT welcomes a new team of Christian year-out staff.
Year-out/gap year staff
Every September FACT welcomes a new team of year-out staff, who are eager to live in Christian community and share their faith by serving our guests. Typically these exciting posts are filled by students either before or after a degree, but are open to anyone who wants to share their faith whilst living in a faith-based community and serving a Christian charity.
Full training is provided during the year, with lots of opportunity to develop a whole range of skills for life – it is a life changing year. But don’t just take our word for it, hear what some past team members have to say about their year at FACT…
If you’re interested in applying read on…
Why? you should join us
- Purpose Working with young people is a great privilege, whether it’s a school group, a group with specialist needs or a group of young adults finding their way, with God at the centre of all you’ll do.
- Worth You get real job satisfaction from doing things to the best of your ability and this is essential to relay the Gospel effectively.
- Team Player Working as a team is an integral part of life at FACT. As part of this friendly supportive group, you will be working alongside likeminded people, all there to serve God and make the most of the adventure.
- Community Based on the Essex coast in the village of Tollesbury, we are located in a very unique setting. Many of our staff team stay onboard or live locally. This means that there is a true atmosphere of family and community. Testament is in the many volunteers who help each year and previous staff members that return to volunteer. You truly make friends/family for life.
- Adventure It’s not all about the work, it’s also about your personal growth. You’ll get the chance to partake in a variety of outdoor adventurous activities both on and off site – even gain some qualifications along the way. It’s an opportunity not to be missed.
- Discipleship You’ll be going deeper with God throughout the year as you are discipled and encouraged to disciple others. With input through Bible study, teaching sessions, conferences away, and living out the Gospel in each and every day, it’s a year for your faith to grow exponentially.
What? else will you gain
- Accommodation Our Gap Year and Assistant Lead Instructor programmes also have the benefit of accommodation and board included.
- Kit Allowance Personal Protective Equipment is very important and whether you’re in the galley, the office or, an instructor, where appropriate we provide a personal kit allowance with access to our trade suppliers.
Who? are we looking for
- Evidence of a developing Christian faith with a hunger to grow and share it.
- Enjoy teaching, instructing and serving with a passion to see people of all ages succeed.
- Warm, welcoming and friendly demeanour.
- Keen to work in a team, both as a follower and a leader when required.
- Able to work hard and go the extra mile.
- Relevant experience and training for the role applied for.