We understand organising a school or groups trip during a pandemic can seem daunting. At FACT, we are experienced in managing many different types of risk on a regular basis.
However, we have of course reviewed our practices extensively and consulted the latest guidance to ensure we can continue to provide safe, fun, outdoor adventures, minimising the risk of Covid-19 disrupting a visit.
Below is a summary of the measures we’ve taken. In the run up to your trip, we’ll let you know the very latest procedures and if there’s anything specific your group need to be aware of before their visit.
Summary of relevant measures:
- First and foremost, we want to prevent Covid-19 from coming to the centre – it’s the only unwelcome guest! We ask all visitors and our staff not to attend site if they are symptomatic or have had close contact with a Covid-positive case or have otherwise been told to self-isolate.
- Our staff have received Covid-19 training regarding awareness and prevention. They have also undertaken training in practices & procedures which have been amended to reflect Covid. This training is ongoing, as the situation develops and the latest guidance is updated.
- During your visit, you will have exclusive use of our centre for the duration of your booking.
- We have implemented all relevant social distancing measures across our site. On arrival, your group will be briefed on the latest procedures to follow during your stay e.g. when to wear a face covering, how to move around the site. Signage & floor markers have been installed as visual guides & reminders.
- Hygiene measures have also been increased: handwashing and sanitiser is available throughout the site and at activity stations. Staff & guests will be asked to sanitise hands before and after meals and between activities. Increased cleaning has been implemented, including frequent touch points.
- Mealtimes will also be a little different with no self-service food available. Meals will be plated up by our galley team and provided to each individual. It’ll still taste delicious and there will still be plenty of cake – just served in a Covid-secure way!
- Our activities have been adapted to reflect the need for social distancing and greater hygiene. Kit is sanitised between uses, activity group sizes have been reduced. Some activity sessions may be slightly shorter to allow time for hand washing before meals and the safe removal of any activity specific kit e.g. waterproofs, harnesses etc.
This is just a summary – if you need more information, do contact the office and we’ll be happy to help.