We would love you to consider including Fellowship Afloat Charitable Trust (FACT) in your will. Making or amending your will to leave a gift to FACT is one of the kindest gestures you could ever make. It’s easy to arrange with the help of a solicitor, doesn’t have to be complicated and needn’t cost a lot of money.
Making a will is easy to put off, but it’s the only way to be sure your wishes are carried out. Without one, you may leave your loved ones facing uncertainty. And of course there’ll be no way to ensure your wishes are met.
Each year we welcome almost 2000 residential and day visitors, mostly children and young people. By giving to FACT we can ensure our work will continue for future generations as 22% of our funding comes from regular and legacy donations.
Unlike most outdoor activity centres FACT is a community driven by a Christian ethos of service and a deep concern for each and every person taking part in its activities. We give thanks to God that we have the opportunity to work with and nurture young people and aim to enrich them socially, educationally and spiritually.
Your gift to FACT
If you would prefer to specify where your gift is used we would be happy to discuss this with you. There are two main options:-
- General fund - this covers the everyday needs of Trinity & allows us to function and welcome groups on board.
- Bursary Fund - over the past 4 years 1,100 young people from low income families have been supported by FACT’S bursary fund.
Types of gift
There are four main ways to leave money or gifts in your will, your solicitor will be able to give you more details on each:
- Pecuniary gift - a specified sum of money.
- A specific gift - this could be property, stocks and shares, a car or antique.
- Contingent legacy - a gift that is dependent on an event that may or may not happen.
- Residuary legacy - a portion of your estate after funeral expenses, debts and other gifts in the will have been paid, normally a percentage, rather than a fixed amount.
It’s great to say thank you to our supporters, so if you do decide to include a gift to FACT in your will it would be wonderful to hear from you, we can then keep you up to date with what’s happening at FACT.
We know a visit to FACT makes a difference from the comments we receive on our feedback forms;-
‘A visit to FACT brings children & young people out of their shells – always, leaders gel as a group & everyone benefits.’
‘New friendships made. Fears conquered.’
‘A few of our quieter, less confident children have really flourished and shown an independence, achievement & pride that we don’t routinely see, it has been wonderful to see.’
‘Our autistic children have really developed their independence skills.’
‘... will never have experienced the kindness & generosity of the FACT staff. His view on people in general will be forever changed. Thank you.’
‘Best day of my life.’
The FACT legacy promise
A gift to FACT of any size is a promise to enable more children & young people to have a life changing experience. We understand that leaving a legacy is a special and personal decision, that’s why we make this promise to you.
- We will always answer your questions honestly & quickly.
- We respect that your family & friends come first and will always treat you and them with courtesy and respect.
- If you want your gift to be spent in an area that’s special to you, we’ll arrange it.
- We promise to use your gift wisely so that it can have the greatest impact.
- We will always respect your privacy, recognising that your will is completely personal to you.
- You can change your mind at any time about leaving a legacy to FACT, we will respect your decision.
- You don’t have to let us know that you are leaving a gift but if you do we will keep your decision completely confidential.
If you would like to discuss your legacy gift with us or visit Tollesbury to experience Fellowship Afloat Charitable Trust for yourself please contact us on 01621 868 113 or by email on email@example.com